Ever wonder what it takes to launch a digital product?
Well, Dejan wasn’t absolutely sure, so we got on Skype and he interviewed me.
In other words, he asked me a bunch of questions so that he could prepare for his upcoming product launch.
Without further rambling, here’s what you’ll learn:
- What payment processor to use
- How to protect your product (and files)
- How to make an up-sell (and should you do it?)
- Do you need a separate email list for your product?
- What emails to send when you’re about to launch
- How to build in urgency (without being sleazy)
- Why you should set your price first
- How to price your product (before and after launch)
- Bonuses: yay or nay?
- Why you need to relax (and have more fun)
- How to design your product (cover + insides)
- How to keep promoting your product (after launch)
In this interview, Tracy grills me on finding and following your passion.
Tracy runs the blog The Love Vitamin, and she offers this interview as a bonus for those who buy her book, Find Your Passion & Live Your Dreams.
So I thought I’d snap the interview and share it with you guys since we covered a lot of valuable ground.
In this interview, you’ll discover:
- How I found and followed my passion in the early days
- Why your definition of passion determines your happiness
- The power of starting small (and letting things take their time)
- How to start taking action (and what to look out for)
- What keeps me motivated and excited
- Why you’re already on the right track
- The pitfall of thinking “I’ll be happy when…”
- The truth about fears and challenges
- And so much more
We cover quite a lot, so download the MP3 and listen to it, or read the transcript.
Either way, I recommend you go through both formats, because it’ll help you learn more and get even more ideas.
And like I always say, the more you come back to the same material, the more you get out of it, because we do not retain everything in one single read or listen.
A smiling Steve Scott
Steve Scott is an affiliate marketer who stumbled upon Kindle publishing in early 2012.
He eventually used Kindle books to drive traffic to his websites, but as time went on, he discovered that he could actually make a substantial amount of money by writing books.
So he began writing, and he began putting out high-quality books, and it helped him get to $6,000-$8,000 per month from Kindle books alone.
Here’s a taste of the goodness you’re about to discover:
- Exactly how much money Steve is making with his books
- How long it takes for a beginner to reach $1,000 per month with Kindle books
- The biggest mistake Steve made (and how to avoid it)
- The writing style that Amazon readers love
- How to come up with fantastic titles for your books
- Why you should give away your book for free
- A glimpse into Steve’s writing process
- And so much more …
Dejan has been writing his book, and he asked me what a freewriting session looks like.
So I started recording right away, completely unprepared. I wanted to show you exactly what it looks like when I write.
You’ll see how messy a first draft is. Sometimes it gets even messier than this. That’s why I keep telling you to make your first draft of anything horrible.
The goal of your first draft should be to dump your mind on paper. And in this video, you’ll see how exactly I do that.
Remember to click full screen if you want to see better.
Podcasting is growing every single year.
There are only a few hundred thousand active podcasts, while there are millions and millions of blogs out there. The competition is fierce, and starting a podcast is a great way to stand out.
Remember, if you’re just getting started, you don’t have to try and start a podcast right away. Pick one thing and focus on that.
If you enjoy talking and resonate with starting a podcast, then this interview will help.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll discover:
- The main benefits of doing a podcast
- How to get influential people to come on your podcast
- How to find your style of interviewing
- Do you need an intro/outro song (and other fancy stuff)?
- How to beat nervousness
- What software and equipment do you need to record a podcast?
- The importance of eliminating noises (and why most people make this mistake)
- What software to use to edit your podcast (it’s free)
- Why you should NEVER host your podcast with your regular webhost
- How long should your podcast episodes be?
You’ve heard all about the importance of building a list.
But what you may not know is how it is done.
Where do you start? What tools do you need? And what do you need to think about to get it right?
As always, that’s exactly what we’ll cover in this lesson.
We’ll look at the what, why, how, when, and all the other goodies that will help you get started with your email list.
I’ve also included a checklist that you can print out, because there are quite a few tasks here, and the checklist will keep you on track.
Remember, one step at a time is all it takes.
Are you confused about landing pages?
You’re not alone. Eddie, a fellow Academy member asked me to create a video on what landing pages are, how you can use them, and what not to do.
And that’s exactly what I did.
In this 15 minute video, we’ll go through the essentials of landing pages. When you’re done watching, you’ll know exactly what to do to create a landing page for your business.
Let’s dive right in.
In this session, I have something special for you.
This is a practical meditation I’ve put together that will help you melt your fears and any negative feelings.
I am a certified NLP practitioner and have experience in hypnosis, so I blend that together with my practical, down-to-earth style, which means you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to let go of resistance.
All you have to do is download the MP3 below, put it on your iPhone/iPod and listen to it whenever you get stuck or have trouble.
Remember to listen to it in a distraction-free environment either lying down or sitting in a comfortable position.
Not too long ago, I was interviewed by Ali Luke from Aliventures.com on how to use email marketing properly.
We’ll be covering this in the Academy, so look at this as warm-up content, and just something to dive deeper into if you’re interested.
In this seminar, you’ll learn:
- What email marketing is, and why it’s so powerful
- How to get started and build your email list
- Different ways you can format your emails
- What options you have for your content
- Why you might want to create more than one email list
In this introductory class, we’ll cover some of the basics of what it takes to build a thriving lifestyle business.
If you’re completely new, this is where you should start.
Even if you have some knowledge about building a lifestyle business, I highly recommend you watch this lesson, or download it to your MP3 player or phone, because it will contain nuggets that you haven’t come across before.
Remember to watch the video in full-screen mode if the text seems too small.